FTW fuel station issues and GA  GELÖST

Moderatoren: Aircraft-Admins, English-Support, FTW-Development, Airport-Admins

Topic author
Moods
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

FTW fuel station issues and GA  GELÖST

Beitrag von Moods » Do 16. Mai 2019, 11:03

I am finding that General Aviation is kind of an after thought on FTW. I had a hard time but finally understand where Fuel is and is not available. The limited availability is making things very difficult for a GA pilot. So, i'm not running out of fuel anymore but still having issues.

Yesterday i took a Charter job from CCN2. Now even though this is a hard lit surface and a 3D airport in XP11, there is no fuel available here. I knew that going in. When i took the charter it put my plane 46kg over max takeoff weight. With no fuel station i couldn't off load fuel, there is also no option to "burn off", there is also no way to cancel the charter. So, at this point I was grounded, atleast with this plane, until the charter cleared off of my job list on it's own. This is not fun and unrealistic.

There are other major problems with the way FTW fuel stations are handled considering GA. Some of my favorite places to fly are effectively no fly zones because there is no way to get fuel in so many of the airports there (Australian Outback, British Columbia, Inner Passage, etc)

I have also run into major Airports that have player run stations but offer no AV fuel, only Jet Fuel. The mere presence of the player fuel station closes the FTW station so there is no option there for any AV fuel, even though you are at a major international airport. This is also not fun and unrealistic.

My suggestion to fix this problem would be to open FTW fuel stations at more of these airports, and keep FTW fuel stations open even with player stations present. You could increase the price through FTW so that players will prefer to buy from players at these airports, but i would not run into a n international airport with no AV fuel available. It would also let me fly in remote areas while paying a premium for fuel there. And it would also give me an option to off-load fuel when needed, even if it means i take a loss, at least i could get off the ground.

I hope you guys can give this issue some thought and we can find an option that will work for you guys and for virtual bush pilots like myself.

Thanks.

mehamrick

FTW fuel station issues and GA

Beitrag von mehamrick » Sa 18. Mai 2019, 09:15

I would love to know something about this as well.. If any of the Devs could offer their thoughts on it.. or how to overcome this problem?

DocBrown
Administrator
Danksagung erhalten: 63 Mal

Beitrag von DocBrown » Sa 18. Mai 2019, 09:34

According to documentation of the CBSA operationg the airfield CCN2 there is only a telephone on the aerodrome. I suggest planning your flights carefully. If a charter job leads you to such a class 8 airport always have in mind to double check the availability of fuel and the possiblities to get away from there.
Bild

Teddii
Danksagung erhalten: 42 Mal

Beitrag von Teddii » Sa 18. Mai 2019, 11:27

And as a last resort you can always ask "Otto" to move your plane to the next airport with fuel. He will bring fuel for his flight.

Cheers,
Markus
:arrow: Im FTWiki findest du Antworten auf Oft gestellte Fragen, Videos und Tutorials und das Piloten-Handbuch.
:arrow:
:arrow: Read about ways to translate the FTWiki pages to your language!

mehamrick

Beitrag von mehamrick » Sa 18. Mai 2019, 19:04

that is all well and good but what about at major airports? if a player only puts jet fuel on it you have no option to get aviation fuel...

Teddii

Beitrag von Teddii » Sa 18. Mai 2019, 19:15

As far as I know, all major airports offer system fuel, as long as they has been categorized (say: not category 9).

What airports are you referring to?
:arrow: Im FTWiki findest du Antworten auf Oft gestellte Fragen, Videos und Tutorials und das Piloten-Handbuch.

stefan.klees
Danksagung erhalten: 409 Mal

Beitrag von stefan.klees » So 19. Mai 2019, 07:55

@Teddii, Klasse 8 Flughäfen stehen standardmäßig auf Luftversorgung.
Bis dann und Gruß
Stefan

Supportanfragen jeglicher Art bitte im Forum posten, per PN werden keine Supportanfragen beantwortet.
Developer of Fly the World
Portalseite und Donation www.ftw-sim.de

Bild

Teddii

Beitrag von Teddii » So 19. Mai 2019, 14:01

stefan.klees hat geschrieben:
So 19. Mai 2019, 07:55
@Teddii, Klasse 8 Flughäfen stehen standardmäßig auf Luftversorgung.
Es ging ja aber um "major airports". Damit diese keine Tanke haben müssten sie ja unkategorisiert sein, dachte ich mir.

stefan.klees
Danksagung erhalten: 409 Mal

Beitrag von stefan.klees » So 19. Mai 2019, 14:47

Wenn die Klasse 9 sind, ist eine FTW-Tankstelle vor Ort immer verfügbar, wäre mir jetzt neu, wenn sich da was geändert hat.
Bis dann und Gruß
Stefan

Supportanfragen jeglicher Art bitte im Forum posten, per PN werden keine Supportanfragen beantwortet.
Developer of Fly the World
Portalseite und Donation www.ftw-sim.de

Bild

Teddii

Beitrag von Teddii » So 19. Mai 2019, 17:28

Ah, das wusste ich noch nicht (bzw wie drauf geachtet). Dann bin ich mal weiterhin gespannt, welche großen Flughäfen ohne Sprit denn nun gemeint sind ...

Gesperrt

Zurück zu „Wünsche“