boss has left the building

Moderatoren: Aircraft-Admins, English-Support, FTW-Development, Airport-Admins

Topic author
FlyingDutchman

Beitrag von FlyingDutchman » Fr 15. Nov 2019, 23:56

Who is willing to help me?

The boss has left the building for 6 months and leaves me with a large amount of FBOs, terminals and a fuel station but NO Planes.
His response was: "you'll figure it out". I started to sweat and became a bit nauseous.

Most routes are inactive but two are not (they generate 15 jobs per). So to start simple I want to use a B737-800 on those two active routes. I have a CPL license (222 hrs) so I can't lease a B737 - at least as far as I understand the manual - and also have insufficient money to purchase one.

Is there anyone willing to help a 'FTW noob' so that when the boss returns he can be proud of me (or fire me :oops: ).

Thanks in advance, FlyingDutchman

Airliner is: Olympic Airways

DocBrown
Administrator
Danksagung erhalten: 84 Mal

Beitrag von DocBrown » Sa 16. Nov 2019, 06:01

And he left no air vessels in the hangar?
Bild

Thomas
Danksagung erhalten: 25 Mal

Beitrag von Thomas » Sa 16. Nov 2019, 12:06

If your boss leaves you with an inactive airline and no vessels, I wouldn't even care about his airline or his opinion about me.
My boss left me with an active airline, money and aircrafts to keep it going and with that perfect base, I could do what I did...
Are you at least manager in that airline? Or just normal pilot?
I'm asking to check if you are able to keep everything alive or if you will fail in a month or two just because you can't take care of routes and FBOs.
Thomas
Bild

Topic author
FlyingDutchman

Beitrag von FlyingDutchman » Sa 16. Nov 2019, 15:01

Correct, no vessels but have sufficient rights to create or delete FBOs, terminals and routes.

My statement about the boss was meant humorously
Disasterman is really 6 months away for work but was previously very active on FTW. 1 week before his work trip we agreed that I will help him with the airliner. Unfortunately not enough time to teach me everything needed to manage an airliner. To limit the costs in his absence all aircraft have been returned to FTW, which gives me time to learn a bit about managing a airliner - step-by-step - without having to worry about outstanding bills.

So I thought I ask other FTW members "maybe they can help me"

Thomas

Beitrag von Thomas » Sa 16. Nov 2019, 15:32

Difficult to help you. I know your boss from the past. He was also active in my group.
While I would like to be helpful in that situation, I also see a lot of risks.
The idea to sell the birds wasn't helpful. He could have left you at least one bird.
Of course, I could buy your old bird in France that you flew on 03.11.2019 for 20M (btw, I bet he got for less than that from the bank!) and lease it to you so you can keep flying your routes. But in the end, I have a very old bird with lots of hours that I don't need if something wents wrong.
Are you able to activate and deactivate your routes ? You could save the status quo of OAL regarding the TPI and deactivate all routes and wait until your boss returns to continue your works for OAL. (That's what I would do if I stop flying for Borealis and close it down but would leave the bsics for my boss to return).
You could say that you want to fly your a.. off for OAL in the next months and that you want to risk to finance a 737-800. There are ways to do so. But even your OAL-bankaccount won't help you too much with those 3M as you need the money to keep your FBOs and all for 6 month...
If I look at your pilot rooster, you're the only pilot who flies regularly. How many hours do you want to invest per week (pure flying time) to keep someone else's airline ?
If I had a 738 too much in our fleet, I would lease it to you for 6 month to help you but I don't think that we have 1 too much. Would be less risk than buying a new one...
Difficult... :think:
Bild

Topic author
FlyingDutchman

Beitrag von FlyingDutchman » Sa 16. Nov 2019, 16:15

How monotonous it may be, I can carry out a route every day and back if I don't have exams at school the next day. I understand enough of airliner jobs or converting FTW jobs, but I need a plane for that. The aircraft belonging to a CPL license do not comply. But now that I've read your answer, I think I should first get my MPL license. In the end I have 6 months. Will deactivate all routes.

Thomas, thanks for your advice

guohexiang
Danksagung erhalten: 9 Mal

Beitrag von guohexiang » Sa 16. Nov 2019, 17:41

I can invite you to my airline and help you. Then you will be able to fly my 738 that is now in EPWR. You will be able to rent it as you wish, paying for the rental. However, if you want to move the plane by OTTO or change its seat configuration, you will bear the cost of it. Let me know if you are interested.

Topic author
FlyingDutchman

Beitrag von FlyingDutchman » So 17. Nov 2019, 00:09

http://home.deds.nl/~ftw_flybye/template/OAadver2.png

As I said, through the advice of Thomas I realized that I just have to take my time to learn. Don't do it quickly but step by step.
Hope not that by deactivating all Olympic routes there is a 'ban' on Olympic Airways, if so please inform me.
For the time being the advantage of me not knowing how to manage a airliner is that I will continue to fly the jobs offered on the Job Market.

Thanks for all the responses (forum and private)

old_Crashpilot
Danksagung erhalten: 59 Mal

Beitrag von old_Crashpilot » So 17. Nov 2019, 13:50

Es gibt viele Fluggesellschaften hier ohne einen FBO oder eine Route! Das ist kein Problem. :)
select.typeFrom ptag;item;pivot;center;edge;polygon;vertex true

Thomas

Beitrag von Thomas » So 17. Nov 2019, 14:01

Aber ohne Flugzeug ist eher ungewöhnlich.
Bild

Antworten

Zurück zu „FTW AIRLINES“