YAACARS - XACARS-Plugin replacement

Moderatoren: Aircraft-Admins, English-Support, FTW-Development, Airport-Admins

Topic author
Teddii
Danksagung erhalten: 33 Mal

Beitrag von Teddii » Sa 29. Dez 2018, 19:02

Latest build #59 (Release candidate)

Testing against this build would be a good idea for everyone!
Get it here: http://openair-alliance.eu/yaacars/download/

~ FuelCheck and PayloadCheck Warnings can be ignored now
=> that means, you can press "yes" now to "continue anyway"

! Events are only procecced after starting the flight
=> a possible fix for the issues with PMDG 777 P3D (and all FSx probably)

~ Event: TaxiWithoutTaxiLightOn is now detected at more than 5kts (was 2kts)
=> is has been reported, that Pushback already triggered

(and some internal stuff)
~ Merged common events for XPUDP and FSUIP in a single function block
+ Added some crit events for FSUIPC
+ PauseTime is calculated for FSUIPC

Enjoy!
Markus
Bild

Topic author
Teddii

Beitrag von Teddii » Mo 31. Dez 2018, 00:20

Latest Version 1.2 (Build #65) is here for you fixing some issues! Thanks to Mergy [Ralf] :!:
Detailled changelog: http://openair-alliance.eu/yaacars/doc/ ... =changelog

Highlights
Flight Tracking:
- reworked times calculation from ground up to work correctly with pause times
- BlockTime now starts when "engines on" is detected (fallbacks on onStartTaxi and onTakeoff)
- BlockTime now ends if "end flight" is pressed or "engines off" is detected
- all three times RealTime, Block and Flight time are shown in the lower left corner

- allowed a slightly bigger deviation before triggering the "wrong QNH on Takeoff" Event
GUI:
- FlightEvents Log and CritEvents Log in "Flight Data" tab are clreared when flight tracking is started
- critical events are only triggered while flight tracking is running

Info on Landing Light Detection:
- The landing lights have to be enabled up to at least a height of 10,000ft and have to be turned off before entering cruise.

Get the latest version here: http://openair-alliance.eu/yaacars/download/

Happy New Year!
Cheers,
Markus
Bild

Topic author
Teddii

Beitrag von Teddii » Mo 31. Dez 2018, 14:52

Sorry, but I had to roll out 1.2 (Build #66) now, because there seems to be a problem with calculating the correct block times.

As a quick fix, when the block time is way shorter than your flight time, the flight time is send to the server instead of the block time.

The client will still show the "wrong" block time. so if you encounter this problem, too, please let me know!

Happy New Year!
Cheers,
Markus
Bild

Topic author
Teddii

Beitrag von Teddii » Mi 2. Jan 2019, 20:12

Latest Version 1.3 (Build #77) is live!

I added some features:
Added: AutoUpdater for Windows (but this time you have to downlod manually again - sorry :-) )
Added: Position output to KML file "currentPosition.kml" (can be auto-refreshed in Google Earth with a Netlink)
Howto (click to enlarge): Bild

And the most-wanted feature for sure :-)
Removed: there are no more critical events!

There are also some smalle fixes and polishing:
Fixed: Engine Start can only be triggered once in a flight and only before the takeoff phase
Added: SimRate and Warping are now shown as events
Added: Events are now logged to the LogFile

Please keep up reporting bugs, otherwise I can not fix them ;-)

Enjoy your flights!
Markus
Bild

Topic author
Teddii

Beitrag von Teddii » Do 3. Jan 2019, 02:14

Thanks for your donation, vladyi! Much appreciated.
We are saving this money for a new plane for Susi Air!
Bild

switchinzski

Beitrag von switchinzski » Do 3. Jan 2019, 05:44

Thank you for your hard work on the updates.

Iv'e noticed the copilot says we are not at correct destination when we are. Upon landing and ending the flight in YACARS

Topic author
Teddii

Beitrag von Teddii » Do 3. Jan 2019, 07:26

Thanks for the feedback. I'll have a look at it!
Bild

Topic author
Teddii

Beitrag von Teddii » Do 3. Jan 2019, 14:51

Thank you so much for your very generous donation, Trapper007!
Highly appreciated :-)
Bild

nex

Beitrag von nex » Fr 4. Jan 2019, 22:05

I made some flights with the newest version and it works quite good.

I have a question though: Do you plan to make the flight preparations easier and quicker? I would love to do more flying and less preparing for a flight if possible. All the copying of information from the FTW website into YAACARS and the FlightSim (login and connection, different windows, flight number, weights of pax, cargo and fuel, applying weights in the sim) is really tedious and takes too much time and effort I think.
So do you plan to automate this process in any way? (at least similar to X-Economy (and FSE) where it's just: login, push start, done)

p.s.: thanks for all the work! Great job so far!

Topic author
Teddii

Beitrag von Teddii » Sa 5. Jan 2019, 01:19

Hey nex!

I'm glad the client works for you "quite good" so far :-)

The main reason for developing YAACARS was to get rid of the XACARS client, because it simply didn't worked as reliable as you would expect it to be when trying to finish a some-hours-long flight.
When pilots here at FTW are able to log their flights better then they was able to before with XACARS, then I'm already happy: mission accomplished :-)

We planned to recreate the entire client-server communication (and the protocol is already defined in the meanwhile), but we found out that there are also major changes necessary or at least reasonable to be done on the server side, that we changed the plans to build the current YAACARS on the existing XACARS server inferface, which is in the end still "good enough" for what it has to do.

YAACARS has been developed out of an existing project, OAACARS, that was created as an alterative interface for VAM, a virtual airline manager. OAACARS was able to push the payload into the planes, because this is only one single dataref in X-Plane. So it's possible in general, for sure. But trying to push the fuel into the plane is already somewhat harder, because there are up to 9 tanks in X-Plane and you don't have any idea where these tanks are located (CG-wise). When you come from FSE (which Pyhton client I already had developed on for about 2 years) you might know that it's one of the major problems to put the FSE fuel into the X-Plane tanks. We also had changes in the FSE client to not "enforce" the payload weight every second into the plane any longer, because there were planes (small ones, C172 with REP and such) which plugins also "enforced" their valid payload weight (resulting in the plane bumping up and down from the weight changes). The FSE client now applies the payload once after starting the flight and you can chance it at will (or any plugin, like the REPs - so you have a payload applied, but don't know where it comes from :-) ).
I personally had a lot of fun trying to load the 767 in FSE which resulted in a "nose up, back on the ground" event after loading the payload by starting the FSE flight.
My overall experience of trying to put something into a plane is .... let's say: mixed.

YAACARS now can also handle FSUIPC clients, which means we are talking about FS9, FS2004, FSX, P3D, ... FSUIPC defines a bunch of tanks (12 IIRC) "normal" tanks and some (3 or 5 ?) more tanks up from a certain version. And this FSUIPC interface can also used for X-Plane, meaning writing to the 9 X-Plane tanks will simply not working or XPUIPC will try to do anything to convert the 15 FSX fuel tanks to the up to 9 X-Plane fuel tanks.

Long story short: I'd love to make it easier. I also know FSE and I always liked the way planes can be "loaded and go". On the other hand I learned here at FTW and from flying airliners over the last years, that flying a plane is (at least for me) not only to jump in a plane with engines running, click a button and throttle up to the max. You want to pilot a plane - you have to be aware of your payload, your CG, your fuel reserves. You have to plan your flight and you have to load your plane.

I tried to do my best to make it more comfortable to crunch the needed (and hopefully accurate) numbers into the client, so you can apply those values to your plane and we even added checks to help you making sure, your are at the right airport, you have your fuel loaded and the pax and cargo loaded.
If we ever switch over to the new interface, it might get a bit easier, because we could display all the information (that the FTW ACARS info already provides now) into the client to show it.

But from my point of view it's simply impossible to accurately put the values into the different sims automatically. There are some many differnt configurations out there with and without load managers, REP plugins and whatnot that can conflict with what we want to do ..

If it will help you or anybody else out here: I could imagine that YAACARS exports all the numbers for the flight into a text file. You can create your own load manager plugin for X-Plane or create a lua or a python script, that reads the text file and pushes the weights for you into the plane. Then it's up to you to manage all the differnt planes. That would be perfectly fine for me, but bear with me - I don't want to apply fuel and payload weights with YAACARS.

I hope I did not scared you off back to FSE :-)
If you have more ideas for YAACARS, please let me know!

Cheers,
Markus

(PS: sorry for any typos - it's already 2 o'clock in the morning)
Bild

Antworten

Zurück zu „ACARS“