YAACARS - XACARS-Plugin replacement

Moderatoren: FTW-Development, Airport-Admins, Aircraft-Admins, English-Support

Topic author
Teddii
Danksagung erhalten: 25 Mal

Beitrag von Teddii » Mo 17. Dez 2018, 19:21

- works with X-Plane 10 and 11 and all FSUIPC-based sims (FSX/P3D/X-Plane/...)
- runs on Windows, Linux and MacOS

- download latest versions here: http://openair-alliance.eu/yaacars/doc/

==================================================
Original Post

Hey flightsimmers!

this is our first beta client for YAACARS: http://openair-alliance.eu/yaacars/doc/

It still has limited features, it still relies on the XACARS interface (for now), but it seems to run well for all testes, so just give it a try!
If it doesn't work for you, you can still return to XACARS :-p

YAACARS will work on Windows and Linux64 and will only connect to X-Plane (for now).

Future plans include the creation of a new interface to the FTW-Server that will allow us to transfer any kind of data between the client and server to make planning and starting the flight even easier.
We also started working on implmenting a FSUIPC interface, which is already connecting to X-Plane's XPUIPC interface. I will just take some time now to map the received data correctly (and yes, that is A LOT of work for FSUIPC :-) ).

If you encounter any problems with the plugin, just let me know. I'll look into. But please keep in mind, that the primary goad for now is to create a well and safe working replacment for the XACARS-plugin.
I'll put all feature requests on the list, but don't expect them to be there in the next release ;-)

BTW: the client will notify you on startup, when an update is available!

I hope you will enjoy your flights with YAACARS!
Cheers,
Markus

PS: Falls jemand ein deutsche Übersetzung dafür braucht, dann bitte einfach melden!
Zuletzt geändert von Teddii am Mo 31. Dez 2018, 00:41, insgesamt 8-mal geändert.
Bild

Latitude24
Danksagung erhalten: 3 Mal

Beitrag von Latitude24 » Di 18. Dez 2018, 20:54

Gave this a test yesterday and it worked perfectly. Nicely done!
Bild

Topic author
Teddii

Beitrag von Teddii » Mi 19. Dez 2018, 20:55

Thanks for your feedback, Latitude24!

In the meanwhile I had some time to implement the FSUIPC-Interface ... well at least as far as I could test it with X-Plane and XPUIPC!
I had some test fligths and both worked well (if you don't count the engine fire on the 2nd flight :-) ).

Now I need some testers. Not sure if it will work in any way on a real FSX or P3D ... but I'm eager to know ;-)
You can get the testing YAACARS 1.1 from here http://openair-alliance.eu/yaacars/download

Changelog:
- added donation instructions to the "about" tab (because I have been asked really often already :-), but really don't feel forced to donate!)

- added FSUIPC interface (drop down list in the lower left) with basic events, no crit events for now
- switching back and forth between SimConnections might be glichty, so best is to change it once and never touch it again :-)
- if Sim is not already running, connecting again after a connection error might not work propery - restart YAACARS to reconnect

- added ability to read the time compression ratios. If the "Sim Rate" becomes unequal to "1", YAACARS will stop flight tracking for that period of time
- the "Sim Rate" is shown on the upper right corner of the "Flight Data" tab and the box gets orange when flight tracking stops

- raised the threshold for the WARPing detection a bit
- added hysteresis to climb/cruise/descent detection
- fixed Nordgaard-Bug ;-)

The update is not FSUIPC-only. It should also work fine for the "regular X-Plane" user, so if you feel like you want to update ...

Cheers,
Markus
Bild

Topic author
Teddii

Beitrag von Teddii » Do 20. Dez 2018, 05:37

When I tried to run YAACRS 1.1 (Build#49) today it died immediately on startup. I nailed it down to the updater, but have no time today to look into it.
So I created Version 1.1 (Build#50) with the update feature disabled for now to stay focussed on the FSUIPC interface testing!

If you have Version 1.1 (Build#49), please redownload Build#50 from http://openair-alliance.eu/yaacars/download
If you have Version 1.0 (Build#45) and don't want to test the FSUIPC interface, then I'd recommend to stay with that for now!

Cheers,
Markus
Bild

Topic author
Teddii

Beitrag von Teddii » Do 20. Dez 2018, 10:15

I again updated the testing build to #51. The updater is fixed and has been reworked. There are now two separate buttons in the "about" tab for the release and testing versions of YAACARS.

In the meanwhile McFly reported to be able to at least start the flight properly using FSUIPC and P3D!

I don't think there will be any more updates until the holidays now. I hope that one of the two versions will work for you!
I wish all of you a Merry Christmas, enjoy your family and flight simming :-)

Cheers,
Markus
Bild

Topic author
Teddii

Beitrag von Teddii » Fr 21. Dez 2018, 07:15

:clap: :clap: Thank you, for your generous donation, Deutsche Luftfahrtgesellschaft! :clap: :clap:

That's a great Holiday Present for our group!
Thank you! Much appreciated!
Bild

McFly
Danksagung erhalten: 63 Mal

Beitrag von McFly » So 23. Dez 2018, 13:35

Hi, habe heute meinen P3D Test abbrechen müssen und bin wieder mit ACARS unterwegs.
Habe YAACARS gestartet. Die Check Fuel and wight Häckchen entfernt und den Flug gestartet.
Allles gut soweit.
Im Flug kam die Meldung das der Flug aufgrund refueling nicht gewertet werden kann (Refuel 0% -> 100%)
Daraufhin habe ich den Flug resettet und wollte erneut testen. Die EIngabe der FTW Nummer ist leider nicht möglich, da der YAACars direkt auf Flightsummary springt. Daraufhin habe ich den Client neu gestartet. Das gleiche Ergebnis.
Flight ENd ist zwar hinterlegt bringt aber keine Funktion bei Betätigung. Cancel ist ausgegraut.
Komischerweise war nach dem Flug resett der Flieger komplett leer. Ein erneutes betanken über den Loadmanager ging nicht (EIngabe wurde ignoriert) Erst nach dem ich den P3D neu gestartet hatte klappte das ändern des Fuels. YAACars hat die gleiche Anzeige...
Gruß McFly
(Nörgler vom Dienst)

Bild

Topic author
Teddii

Beitrag von Teddii » Do 27. Dez 2018, 04:51

Latest *TESTING* build #53: http://openair-alliance.eu/yaacars/doc/ ... g#build_53

For all users:
- updates to the live map server are now sent every 15secs (instead of 60secs)
- the "flight data" tab now also shows the "total payload" (pax+cargo) in kg and lb!

For X-Plane users:
- added a payload-Check option (defaults to on, "applying payload" is disabled for now)
- the WARPing detection measurement

For FSUIPC users:
- added reading of bank, pitch, oat, flaps
- the fuel readout should be accurate now
Bild

Topic author
Teddii

Beitrag von Teddii » Do 27. Dez 2018, 17:06

Latest *TESTING* build #56: http://openair-alliance.eu/yaacars/doc/ ... g#build_56

+ we finally have a first Build for macOS :!: :!: :!: It still looks a bit disarranged, but might be good enough for a first try!

~ fuelCheck now checks against a margin of +/- 3% of current fuel, no longer a fixed value (something more to test for McFly :-)

And some minor changes:
~ changed “Update sent” from log to dbg
+ added Warning “Update failed to send”
~ Downloads are now separated for each OS

Enjoy and please let me know, if you tested the mac build successfully!
Bild

Topic author
Teddii

Beitrag von Teddii » Fr 28. Dez 2018, 23:32

Latest build #58 (Release candidate): http://openair-alliance.eu/yaacars/doc/ ... g#build_58

Fixed some minor bugs. When there are no more reports of critical issues within the next days, this build will become the Release Build V1.1

Testing against this build would be a good idea for everyone!
Get it here: http://openair-alliance.eu/yaacars/download/

! Switching between XPUDP and FSUIPC works seemlessly now
! Mac/Linux can no longer select FSUIPC
~ Lat/Lon in "Flight Data" no shows with 6 decimal digits

Enjoy!
Markus
Bild

Antworten

Zurück zu „ACARS“